On Monday, November 13, College Council approved three funding requests:
- International Tea Festival
- Date: November 11th, Amphitheater
- The Global Student Council is hosting the International Tea Festival to introduce and celebrate the diversity and the different cultural significances behind the world’s most popular beverage.
- Fashion for a Cause
- Date: December 1st, Madison Bowl
- FFC strives to unite the UVa and Charlottesville communities through artistic expression, collaboration, and professionalism to foster community engagement and cultural awareness. Each year, an interesting and well thought out theme is created for the Fall fashion show that relates a message to our audience. In lieu of recent events that has plagued both the Charlottesville and UVA community on August 11th-12th, this show is important in giving the community a chance to heal from past wounds. This show incorporates the history of the both the good and bad elements of the Charlottesville.
- GDO Dinner Series 3
- Date: November 15th
- This is the Global Development Organization’s third dinner series with Professor Mark White as the guest speaker. Professor White teaches classes on sustainable development and we hope to engage the student body in dialogue about sustainable development as an important factor for future environmental concerns. We’re hoping to get food that is vegetarian, vegan and environmentally friendly. Additionally, we aim to make all of our dinners 100% waste free by using biodegradable utensils and providing recycling bins.