College Council is responsible for appropriating funds from the College of Arts & Sciences School Fee. Financial support is available for organizations and individuals furthering the goals of College Council. These objectives are to (a) represent the needs and interests of College students: (b) serve as peer academic advisors; (c) foster student/faculty relations; (d) strengthen College identity; and (e) solidify relations between the College of Arts and Sciences and its alumni. Different options are available for student groups, faculty members, and students conducting independent research. These funding programs and procedures are described below:
If you are a CIO seeking funding for an event: Co-Sponsorships
If you are a professor seeking funding for a class event: Faculty-Student Interaction Grants
If you are a student seeking funding for individual research: Student Research Grants
If you are an RA seeking funding for an event for your residents: Program in a Bag
The most commonly encountered restrictions are listed below. For a full list of restrictions, please see the College Council’s Funding Restrictions.
- Money Prizes: All money prizes or payments, including gift cards, to individuals associated with UVa must be screened by Financial Aid. Unless a prize or payment is integral to an event’s success, College Council will not fund them.
- Honorariums: Payment for services to individuals unaffiliated with UVa (e.g. speaker fees) can be funded by College Council, although they are subject to more stringent approval requirements.
- Alcohol: College Council funds may not be used to purchase alcoholic beverages.
- The College Council may not fund philanthropic activities or contributions.
- The College Council may not fund political activities.
Please contact our Funding Chair, Chelsea Li, at email@example.com with questions.
Check Out Hoo We’ve Funded!
Shakespeare on the Lawn
Student for Peace and Justice in Palestine (3)
UVA Homecoming Court
Elmaleh Gallery Board
Third Year Council
Network of Enlightened Women
Smart Woman Securities
Active Minds at UVA
Virginia Atheists and Agnostics
AIDS at UVA
The Virginia Advocate
Alternative Spring Break
Class of 2013 Trustees
Up to Us
10×10: Educate Girls
Change the World
Chinese Student Association
Indian Student Association
Muslim Student Association
Persian Cultural Society
Take Back the Night
Organization of African Students
The Collegiate Society of UVA
Sihk Student Association
UVA Women’s Center
Virginia East Asia Society
Asian Student Union